Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Book Review: The Goblet of Fire






6Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling

Released: September 28th 2002
Read: First time, 2007
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Format: Paperback, 734 pages
Series: Harry Potter #4

Description from Goodreads:
Harry Potter is midway through both his training as a wizard and his coming of age. Harry wants to get away from the pernicious Dursleys and go to the International Quidditch Cup with Hermione, Ron, and the Weasleys. He wants to dream about Cho Chang, his crush (and maybe do more than dream). He wants to find out about the mysterious event that supposed to take place at Hogwarts this year, an event involving two other rival schools of magic, and a competition that hasn't happened for hundreds of years. He wants to be a normal, fourteen-year-old wizard. But unfortunately for Harry Potter, he's not normal - even by wizarding standards.
And in his case, different can be deadly.

Review: This is my all time favorite book ever. As a book blogger that is a pretty big thing to say. I read tons of books a month, let alone a year. But this one holds a special place in my heart. When I was really little, my dad would read the Harry Potter books to me and my sibling. When we finally got to the fourth book, he said we had to read them ourselves since it was getting "too scary" (we were 7 at the time ok?). Well I was pretty bummed out, and when my dad brought home an american version of the book from Austin, Texas, I jumped at the chance to read it. What a great idea of mine... I love this book, because I find that it's the most unique of all. I love how we discover the other magical schools, and that we get to meet delagates from them. Then comes the whole 'girl' situatuion (Harry falling for Cho) and how we get a glimpse of how Ron and Hermione end up. I love that this was such a fast pace book, what with all the tasks. My favorite one is the 2nd Task, because I love how we finally get to find out what is in that darned lake! Through and through this book is the book that defines my childhood, and my own copy is VERY tattered and well loved. 

Favorite Quotes: 
"Percy wouldn't notice a joke if it danced naked in front of him wearing one of Dobby's hats.” 
“Can I have a look at Uranus too, Lavender?”
“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.” 

Rating: 10/10 (because what else would I give it?)

Reccomended for people who enjoy: magic, fantasy, those have been living under a rock for the past decade and a half

Happy Reading,
Mari



No comments:

Post a Comment